Monday 5 December 2011

Rehearsing Trojan Women extract

I decided that I wanted to perform the Helen and Menalyus scene with James. This is because we paired ourselves together when we did the lesson experimenting with the relationship between the two characters and found that we were honestly good at it. Also as I would be performing the role of Helen it would challange me and put me out of my comfort zone as an actor as she is a very confident sexually strong character and I am neither.

Stanivlaski questions and answers

Task 1: who am I

Helen of Troy, the face that launched a thousand ships.

Task 2: the magic if

What if she didn't cheat on Menalyus with Paris?
The war would never have happened, though I believe that the Greek king would have chosen another reason to attack and concure Troy.
She could have cheated on Menalyus with someone else and said person would have been killed but then she would just take another lover and the cycle would go on and on.

Task3: the given circustances

She was married to Menalyus but then she ran away with Paris to Troy and Married him. Menalyus then canpained to get her back from Paris.

Task 4: character analysis

No comments:

Post a Comment